Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the guy I bought it from says it's old, but wasn't sure. If nobody knows it doesn't bother me; I'm pretty happy with it. Its just that i know so little about it, I can't find any information on old beechler mouthpieces at all.

·
Registered
Yani s6/800 sc800 A990B A991S A991 p maurit pmxa 67 url , Antigua power bell, Vito specia T991 T901
505 Posts
if you contact beechler they would give you a rough idea
Judy Beechler is really helpful

www.beechler.com

63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I e-mailed the beechler website and got a reply from Judy beechler. I'll post her response below.

Dear *****,

Thanks for sending the pictures.

My Dad, Elmer Beechler, worked with Arnold Brilhart in the early 1940's and made most of the early Brilharts. In 1947 we moved to California and he started making his own mouthpieces. The earliest pieces were marketed under the Remle name - Elmer spelled backwards. He thought no one would buy a mouthpiece with the name "Beechler" so his friend Henri LaMothe, who did all the logos and graphics we use to this day, suggested he spell his name backwards, and add an accent to the e for sophistication!

The company name remains Remle but he soon began putting his last name on the mouthpieces. The mouthpiece you have was most likely made in the 1950's. It is a hard rubber large bore mouthpiece. The only thing I find a little strange about it is that it is stamped with just a 6. My Dad usually put a S, M, or L after the 6 to denote facing length.

At that time, Remle was a one man operation, so my Dad certainly made your mouthpiece.

Hope this little bit of history is helpful to you.

Best regards,
Judy Beechler Roan

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,321 Posts
Judy is always helpful....We've shared many great talks and I've listened to many great stories from her over the years. Their customer service there is excellent, as it still has that "mom and pop" feel to it, though theyre not a small company. Thats how businesses should be, but sadly most arent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts