Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this Selmer tenor case in Germany and have never seen one like this. Do you have an idea which Selmer tenor it was built for? The handle looks like the ones I found on a 60s case. The combination lock is maybe a hint for a case of the 70s.
Anyway, it's a very nice case with black interior.

Brown Wood Grey Rectangle Denim
Brown Wood Table Rectangle Wood stain

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
My best guess is late 70s or early 80s. I've seen similar cases from that era without the Selmer logo. None with combination lock though.
It's definitely not a standard Selmer case in Europe. Not in the US either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've never seen anything like that before. Perhaps for the Japan market as Tenor Mattness mentioned.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange Selmer world.... In the end someone might have used the Selmer plate from another case and glued it on, who knows.
My Chesterfield Tri Pack that came with a 43xxx SBA from 1950/1951 slept for a long time in a cellar or attic and will have to go through an ozone treatment: neither vinegar nor soda nor fresh air could take away the typical smell.
It's old and battered, the cover is worn and damaged, and the zips are not working correctly, but I will have it restored because it originally came with the horn and I love the idea of both staying together.

Green Purple Automotive tail & brake light Rectangle Automotive lighting
Purple Textile Sleeve Pink Red
Sleeve Stole Wood Tints and shades Fashion design
Motor vehicle Wood Textile Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also like the idea that such wonderful old gear is being restored and kept together with the rest of the equipment. Evenmore so I would be happy to reunite my SBA with its original neck.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts