Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm playing the Cannonball Stone Series Tenor - a 2010 model and it came in the simulated alligator case.

I see that the factory markets a cover for the case that supplies protection plus extra pockets etc. I like the looks of the case but I'm not looking forward to the inevitable dings that will eventually come.

Question:
Is your Cannonball case holding up well...or should I opt for the protective cover right now?

Thx,
GPD

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Mine are holding up well, except for the tenor case, that has part of the handle peeled away. However, the faux alligator, really is cheap but functional, so I don't care. I'm far more careful (some would say anal) about keeping my Cannonballs (and all my other saxes) ding-free. The case can get scuffed for all I care- it's what they're for.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Point taken. Thanks for the input.

Truly, a clean case won't help the tone or intonation any it just feeds my particular head trip. We all have a personal groove...I prefer lacquer to raw brass too.

BTW - Caught your gig. Sweet solo w/ DRJB....You should work out an endorsement contract with the factory.

THX,
GPD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts