Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone familiar with this logo?
Which brand is it?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,386 Posts
I think it's from Musica Steyr, which I believe is an Austrian company. I don't think they are considered particularly high quality instruments, but I may be totally wrong ...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,679 Posts
I think that's a Russian made horn...the logo is for Moscow Musical Instrument Factory or something. If that's it, then it's probably the worst piece of crap you've ever tried to play! Is the keywork real soft and cheesy?
:cool:

·
Registered
769 Posts
That does look reminiscent of a Russian Junker horn I've got. It's been in my trunk for a while, but I'll pull it out and look tomorrow or Monday.

EDIT: Yup, that's the logo. So she's definitely a Russian horn. I asked around for a long time, and was unable to get any information about Russian Horn manufacturing. The seller claimed that my horn was built in 1977 in the State Instrument Factory in Moscow. You can see pictures of my horn here: http://gvsu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2000266&l=c0287&id=1258890062

If your horn is playable, let us know how she plays. Mine is very far from playable, and probably never will be again.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have the horn, I saw it on eBay,
but seller did not state which brand it is.
It was quite cheap though, but I guess
I should stay away.

Thanks for the info, guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts