1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The custom models are hand finished....however there are different models....there is the one like Eric Marienthal plays, the one dave Koz plays etc....i don't know which model this is. All i do know is they play much better than the normal Beechlers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna email the seller and see what happens. I'm curious. I am looking for a dave koz/ lington sound but just a hair darker.

Oh and custom I meant its been refaced, not an actual custom model

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The other mpc that is affordable and has this sound is one of my favourites .....the Bright chamber Brancher......really great mouthpiece.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aagh I looked a LAW in the Marketplace and I could find anything. I also looked at Branchers...they're twice my budget lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm having a tough time finding a used one. I don't want to buy it new because then I have no idea how good condition it will be. I have 2 mpcs I bought from the internet brand new, and the rails and tip weren't even good. That's why I want a used one so I can get pictures. How much would it be if I bought a new one and then have someone work on it?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
IF IT'S THE ONE ON EBAY.....FROM SAXACCESSORIES THEN IT/S A GOOD ONE......THEY SELL QUALITY STUFF. Also a new custom model from Beechler is normally pretty perfect.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I know the custom ones are well made, but is it worth buying a normal bellite then having someone reface it?
Their bellite model is made of surgical steel which is a very hard material to reface. Many refacers charge more for working on steel and some avoid it altogether. I suggest finding some online shops with unconditional return or trial policy if you worry the mpc you buy might be defective.

[EDIT] Ha, Keith beat me to it. [/EDIT]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's what I was afraid of. Either I get a bellite and take a HUGE gamble and hope its not defective or I could buy a custom model and still take a small gamble on it being defective because I know the customs are hand-made, which could be good and bad

·
Registered
25 Posts
Speaking to Judy at Beechler, th custom Beechlers have less baffle than the standard models and some adjustment to chamber may have been made as well. All Beechlers are hand made even the diamond inlays.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts