Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing the 'net, looking at "affordable" horns, I came across a You Tube demo for an Orpheo alto. Further searching found the same alto on Music Factory Direct for $399. I found the same horn on buy.com for $279! Same ad, same copy as MFD. I called MFD. The guy there didn't have a clue. He said he'd have "the guy who knows" call me. "He can't do it today because his car tire has a flat." There's no difference in the ads, no difference in the description. But, the guy didn't agree. I gave him the URL for buy.com. He looked at it while we were on the phone together. He said "I'll have the guy call you."

This was all a couple weeks ago. 3 emails and a phone call to MFD resulted in no response.

Any clue about this, folks?

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Obviously Music Factory Direct will sell the same saxophone through Buy.com for $120 less than on their own website. If you were to buy one it would be foolish not to buy from Buy.com. Quite possibly the lower price is closer to what the sax is really worth. ;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
This happens. I got a Rico tenor mouthpiece new form Amazon for $12.14 shipped and it was from Brook Mays. On the BM website it was over $19 with the shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts