Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a Selmer Series II tenor and I'm really sick of dragging the bulky stock vanguard case everywhere I go. It sucks taking it on the train and walking long distances with it. I've decided I really want one that can be worn like a backpack (so I can walk long distances with it without straining myself) and one that's form fitting so it occupies less space and I can fit it on the train.

Thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've never tried the tenor version, but the BAM Trekking Cases are amazing for alto.
Big pouch in the front for music, horn doesn't move around at all in the case, and nifty rain cover. Well worth the price.

·
5,444 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
=1 for bam trekking. it's surprisingly lightweight, and my horn was fine even after i've slipped and fallen... on top of it. it also fits a selmer tenor perfectly, because bam makes cases specially for selmer that they sell with the horns,

·
Registered
653 Posts
Bam hightech cases are super light. I have one on alto and I'm waiting for the tenor model I ordered a few weeks ago. Pricey, yes but, they keep the horn safe and are very comfortable to carry. Good luck.

sent from Mikey's Super Inspire 4G

·
6,862 Posts
I have the Protec tenor case with the backpack straps. It works, but it's not super comfortable I find. The alto (perhaps obviously) is much nicer to trek with.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,086 Posts
I'm also using a Protec. I don't have the backpack straps but the shoulder strap is not bad. As with any case with straps, periodically check to make sure the attachment points are sound. I had an issue with one. Protec replaced it but it can mess up your day if one breaks at the wrong time. The new Protecs seem to be better made in this regard.

·
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey,

Thanks for all the replies! I just got a protec pro pac and bought the backpack strap as well. I figured it looked pretty good from the reviews, and only cost 150 total vs the 300ish at least that the other cases would have cost. I have one issue though. The neck of my selmer series II tenor seems to be a bit too big for the neck compartment of the case? What should I do with it? Does anyone else have this problem who owns the case?

Thanks as always guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts