What's jaleel playing

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Aquitania 
#1 ·
Yo folks
What horn is Jaleel on in this clip:

Cheers folks

Dan

#7 ·
Man, I'm super interested now, I didn't know Al did repair work. I can tell that it's a modern horn. I know Jaleel plays a 6 normally, but this one.. I can't quite make out an insignia or inscription or anything to distinguish it. It's damn beautiful looking!

#10 ·
Rollins is a Chinese brand. They are a bit of a dodgy outfit that makes all kind of outrageous claims, like being a top French brand. I don't believe their marketing, but I have played the horns and they are quite good.

Online store - some interesting videos here https://rollinsax.world.taobao.com
And the first clip on that site is of Al McLean talking about and playing the Rollins brand tenor. Interesting.

#12 ·
Hi Aquitania,
The horn is indeed a Rollins horn. I did the video trying out the horn with Al Mclean a while back.. I didn't know the company still exists. I do still play my Mark 6, but I have the horn here and pick it up from time to time. My set up has definitely gone through a few changes since then... I wonder how it'll sound now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.