Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some buzz about the post-bop and the Liebman. I have a Branford Marsalis Guardala in great condition and I think I'm going to sell it. It might be okay but it just feels too open for me. I haven't played on it much because I want to keep it in good condition. Besides, if it's worth much I could probably get myself something I'd like better and still pocket some change.

Any suggestions for an asking price (seriously, not $10.00 LOL)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
4,046 Posts
This stuff is a total crock. Send your mouthpiece to MOJO, Doc Tenney, Brian Powell and you'll end up with a piece every bit as nice as anything DG ever laid his hands on.

If you can get $1000 out of it I'd do it. Part of me would feel funny about it, but there's people that froth at the mouth when they see these pieces. I wish I would have snatched up hundreds back in the day when DG first started making these. I think they were around $250 for the tenor pieces, which was really high back then, but now they fetch 5 times that amount.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the serious offer......NOT

Seriously, I bought it at a reasonable price. I don't like it and, yes I'm looking to make a profit so I can finance a mouthpiece I'll really want. I just wanted to know whether the value was similar to other Guardalas. That's all, so save the smart-aleck admonishments. I'm avoiding ebay because I'd rather sell it outright than pay all the ebay fees.

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
A bidding war on eBay would more than pay for their silly fee's.

·
Registered
Selmer Balanced Action Tenor Saxophone, Powell Flute
3,661 Posts
The spammers are bringing back threads from 2007 now!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts