Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bundy II Alto Saxophone, it's serial number is: 1069435
What year was this saxophone manufactured?

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
I never saw a serial number chart for dating Bundy II saxes. These aren't exactly top of the line pro horn, vintage or even collectors worthy you know. Sorry.

FWIW, I have a tenor Bundy II serial 1122XXX that was bought brand new in the early 1990's.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never saw a serial number chart for dating Bundy II saxes. These aren't exactly top of the line pro horn, vintage or even collectors worthy you know. Sorry.

FWIW, I have a tenor Bundy II serial 1122XXX that was bought brand new in the early 1990's.
I know, but eventually I'll upgrade to a quality intermediate/professional horn like the Mark VI, if I have the means to pick one up at any music store.

Those bundys aren't worth, but those VI's are worth too much- I saw one one at roberto's winds website but with a hefty price tag of $40,000- no joke-

Why do they have such a high price tag?

These things have the price of a car.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
I don’t understand why then you want to know what year your Bundy alto was manufactured, but when you upgrade to an intermediate or pro model, I wish you find one that you like and that meets you needs and budget :)

VI’s can be expensive because they are Vintage saxophones and yes, they were excellent saxophones but be aware that there are advantages and disadvantages for each vintage and modern saxophones, student, intermediate and professional models alike.

When people say it’s not the horn but the player that makes a difference; It is true. I’ve seen and heard the proof of this with my own eyes and ears over and over and over again.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts