·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
mosplace said:
We have the most rotten summer over here in Germany this year. It is cold, it rains, it is windy it is simply rotten. So I went in my little, tiny cellar and made myself a little summer :
Rotten it is! I remember sarcastically saying to someone years ago, "Yeah, I remember last summer. It was on a Thursday, I think." :cool:

When I saw your title I was simultaneously chasing my cat around the apartment to kill the doldrums. And I was going to post something like that and about a summer that has you indoors as much as out. As I chased her into the bathroom, the floor looked like it had lint all over it. I figured she had knocked over the trash (my washer & dryer are in the room). I flipped the light on and there were these little fuzzy grey things all over the place. Couldn't figure it out. Then I looked on my bathmat and there was a dead bird laying on it. The grey lint were feathers. If that ain't bad enough, blood is smeared in splotches all over the tile floor.

So, what began as a light-hearted post about playing hide and seek with kitty turns into something from "I Know What You Did Last Summer" in my own bathroom. Yukiko is a house cat and she's been getting fat so I decided to let her roam the neighborhood. I should've known better. The bathroom's a mess and it's going to take some cleaning. Oh well, at least that solves how to use at least one of these rotten "summer" days.

(Enjoyed the summer-ish flavour to your tune, Anke. Thanks for posting it. ;))

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,207 Posts
Nice tune, very full and round tone, superb stuff

My German colleagues (based up in a tiny but pretty town called Meisenheim) always joke about our terrible weather over here in the UK. At least we are now about the same :)

Did you bother taking off your winter tyres this year?? (we always find it strange that you have two sets, we prefer to get stuck in 1" of snow)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well, I just read in the news that we just had the first snow for the season. Or should I say, the _next_ season? :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow Gary, that realy sounds like scary movie III:twisted: :twisted: .

We had this kinda too. I have a cockatiel and this poor little fellow got cought in the flycatcher. Man, he realy lost quite a lot a feathers on this sticky piece of paper. He was basicly wrapped in it. It looked so funny, but it was very painfull for my "Little chicken". He lost his entier crown on his head, looks pretty funny now.

Well, glad Germany is not the only country with a rotten summer. At least I had 2 weeks of a perfect summer this month on Mallorca/Spain. Nice sunsets, cold drinks, perfect sea............ UUUU I wish I could beam me back there.

:D :D

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
mosplace said:
At least I had 2 weeks of a perfect summer this month on Mallorca/Spain. Nice sunsets, cold drinks, perfect sea.....
So - Did you spend your vacation in a foreign country drinking German beer, eating German Schnitzel and going to Ballermans listening to Jürgen Drews :D ?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nice sound. Very summerish!
My sister and her husband lives in Herzogenaurach where its 9 degrees C and rainy. They're spending the next two weeks somewhere in Portugal.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was in England once and missed summer altogether!
I think it happened while i was in the toilet:shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts