Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a intermediate buffet crampone APARIS or a Cannonball raven the black nickel one which one should i get i have tried out both of them and like them both alot. Or any other suggestions about an intermediate sax price really doesnt matter just not too crazy. I play jazz and symphony.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
First what model is the Buffet Crampone Paris horn and if you tried the Cannonball Raven isn't that horn too bright and in your face for classical unless a good setup is necessary which one did you really like for Jazz and symphony?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alto sax and the Buffet is the Matte finish and i like the buffet the most for jazz. i liked the sound

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've owned a Buffet alto and played my buddie's Raven tenor.
The Buffet alto was not bad. I prefer my Yamaha, but overall not bad.

The Raven, in my opinion, is not as "bright" as some find it. Rather, I found that the all black lacquer seemed to stifle the resonance, resulting in a more stuffy sound. The silver neck only helped so much. My buddy plays it with a very open Theo Wanne Amma. However, even with my Guardala Super King it was only a mediocre sound for me.

However, I do know that sound is always subjective! What works for 1 may not work for all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody know anything about this Vento 800 Series Model 85X Tenor Saxophone or can you direct me to an online independant review? I may buy one online but have been unable to find one to play in Perth Australia, It is advertised as a professional model at a great price - less than $900.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts