Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wondering what the difference is between the various sizes of jumbo java? I know the technical specs but in terms of playability and tone is there a big difference between the t95, 75, 55 and 45?

I assume the 95 has the biggest tone, while the 45 is loudest and brightest. Is that correct? Even though the 95 has a quite open tip does it still blow fairly easy? Much easier than a link STM with the same tip opening?

I play chicago blues on a link stm 8* and want more cut and volume without working too hard. I am leaning toward the 95 at the moment.

Dont have the luxury of trying before buying so any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Forum Contributor 2012-2015
1,325 Posts
If you absolutely must go with the Jumbo,I'd say go with the 95 or even the 97. 8* is quite large for an STM,so if you are used to that then you should need a bigger tip opening to compensate for the very high wedge baffle in the Jumbo.

You may want to consider some other options if possible. The difference between the STM and the Jumbo is quite extreme. You should get the additional cut and volume that you're looking for from the Jumbo,but if you are pleased with the sound that you get from the STM,you may find the sound of the Jumbo to be harsh and offensive. If you do go with the Jumbo,be prepared for a major change in your sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts