Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better, I like the hardness of the hard ABS case. It give me sense of protection when I am traveling. But I hate it's clumsiness.

I Like the hard shell backpack which is multi-fucntional, but compare to the shell ABS case, it does not give me that sense of proctection.

is it only me, or someone outthere also feel the same on this.

what is your final choice? and how you feel about it?

· Banned
40 Posts
I believe that you should be able to comfortably and safely transport your instrument! Abs is a good choice. But sometimes feels ackward while carrying! I use abs ! Either way, be sure to not put too much faith in any case! Be careful always!

· (formerly borganiboy)
5,584 Posts
Its a case of IN THE HANDS OF THE BEHOLDER.Any kind of case you have to remember your prized baby is in it.I like shaped cases.At the moment i have 3 tenor cases,a Hiscox,a Bags of Spain and a back pack case.All are great solid cases but for storage and looks i use the bags of spain more.

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
ALTO: Medusa- 82zii, TENOR: Medusa, BARI: b901, SOP: sc991
8,123 Posts
Depends where you're going with it. Around town i really like the semi-soft (BAM) backpack. It leaves my arms free to open doors and carry flutes, etc. For going on airplanes and getting thrown in the back of vans, you want something hard like the Hiscox case.

· Registered
43 Posts
Bags of Spain is excellent for my good ole baritone: hard shell case with backpack straps and it s got wheels too! Simply perfect!

· (formerly borganiboy)
5,584 Posts
My new shaped Selmer flight case for my tenors is great and looks very nice.Love how snug my horns are and the padding is fantastic.Waiting on a new ABS shaped Gator alto case this week.They look great for normal round the town gigs.Great price also.I think my blue shaped borgani case is 1 of the best looking cases going and its very strong but its so nice in its blue leather finish i am scared it gets shabby to fast.Keep it for very posh gigs.

· Registered
253 Posts
I recommend the SKB pro line of cases. They won't fit a Keilworth, but for anything else, they're bulletproof. I've had mine dropped unceremoniously by baggage handlers in eight countries, they've been submerged, frozen, and cooked. Horns still play just fine. Tons of padding, and with a bell bag, which I always just make myself out of the arm of an old sweatshirt and a shoe-lace, you've got a well protected horn in a good looking case. The straps sit nicely enough so that I can carry an alto, a tenor, a satchel, and still have both hands free. I know personally that they fit Yamaha, Yani, Selmer and Buescher horns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.