Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

well I have been reading through this forum for awhile and thanks to everyone for all the info posted here. It is a big help!!
I ordered my first mauriat a 86 silver plate. I should have it in about 3 very long weeks. I would like to know what mouth piece people are using with this horn. I want to play blues/rock/jazz with this, any pointers?

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pete

I do realize it is a personal choice, just trying to get going and get a idea of where to start. Thought maybe someone would have some suggestions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi. I also just ordered my System 76 Second Ed Tenor. Coming from a student model Alto, I also don't have an idea on where to start so I did some research and also ask the guy from Saxquest on what they can recommend. I was given three choices, Otto Link Tone Master New York, a Vandoren V16 which are both metal and a Jody Jazz HR. I have been hearing good things about the Jody Jazz HR being an all around mouthpiece so I went for that. I have yet to hear about the OL Tone master NY and Vandoren V16 from System 76 2nd Ed owners. Anyone chime in about these MPs? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have some some research as well. I asked my instructor about mouth pieces and he has one for me a Vandoren so I will start on that one. He bought it when he first switch from alto to tenor. When do you get the horn? Let me know how you like your set up

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am currently using a Morgan 6M with Rigotti Gold 3.5 Medium for Jazz and Vandoren Traditional 3's for concert stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts