Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these mouthpieces mentioned on this forum quite a bit. I am just curious what reeds people are using on these pieces.

I just got a 6c for tenor, and have tried boxes of Java 3's, Rico Jazz Select 3m, Legere Signature 3.5, and La Voz Medium.

So far the Laz Voz have been the best. I am trying to figure out what reeds to try next. Any suggestions? Found a brand and strength that works really well on these mouthpieces?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
Alexander DC 3

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I might have to try some of those next. It has ben a while since I have tried a box (or a tin actually) of Alexander's.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
Nice, I might have to try some of those next. It has ben a while since I have tried a box (or a tin actually) of Alexander's.
For what it's worth, I found it somewhat affirming to learn, after I'd been using these reeds for a year or so, that James Houlik uses (or at least did for some time) the same reed on his very similar mouthpiece.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is good to hear. Houlik sounds incredible on his set-up. I just looked up those DC reeds- they have got to be some of the most expensive reeds on the market. Any second choice brands?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ilike those Gonzalez on my alto set up (RPC mouthpieces). And they are surprisingly inexpensive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts