Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please list horn (ss, as, ts, etc.), Metalite size (ex. M7) and reed and reed size. Here:

Tenor M9, Fibracell MS.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,019 Posts
Tenor M11, Plasticover 2.5
Bari M11, Plasticover 2.5
Soprano M7, Rico 2.5

·
Registered
860 Posts
Baritone M7 (two of them), Alexander Superial 2.5 (or Rico Plasticover 2.5 if conditions demand it)

I've also used Hemke 2.5 with them - also a good combination for me. They appear to be very reed friendly.

M.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alto M9 with RJS 2H/Plasticover 3

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just saw this! :)

Alto M9 with Alexander Superial 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Baritone, M9, LaVoz Medium Soft. I've been very happy with this mouthpiece for 20 years. I started out using a 3-1/2 reed on it, but I learned from recording myself that lighter reeds gave me a better tone, so I gradually worked my way down.

Tenor, M9, LaVoz Soft, or Rico Royal 1-1/2

I also have a M5 for tenor. Was getting a good tone with 2 or 2-1/2 Vandoren reeds, except the low notes were too difficult. I thought the pads were leaking, but I don't have that problem with the M9.

Just got a M7 for tenor. I have not found the perfect reed for it yet.

I was so happy with the M9 for tenor and baritone when these came out that I tried M9 for alto too. Unfortunately it was a terrible match for my King Super-20 alto, which requires a larger chamber mouthpiece to play in tune.

Jim

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2016
12,043 Posts
Tenor M5 Hahn 2.5 and 3. Plays like a dream with both, similar sound to my Berg 100/ 0 sms.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Bari M7
Rico royal 2.5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts