Sax on the Web Forum banner

What mouthpiece ?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Pete Thomas 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I have just bought BW bronze AI sax.
I am wondering if the supplied mouthpiece is good enough for a beginner, or should I better buy Yamaha mouthpiece?

If I should go for Yamaha, what model would be the right ? 4c, 5c ?
With original ligature?

Beside Yamaha, do you have some other recommendation?

Thank you.

#4 ·
Thank you for attention. Now I have 3 choices I know nothing about :)

One thing I need to say. I am absolute beginner, trying to play sax for 3 weeks. Only after little practice I can easily play ALL THE NOTES, from the lowest to the highest, on my Bauhaus Walstein TS-PD AI. The lowest or highest notes are EASILY playable.
In other words, the sax came PERFECTLY SET UP, with no air-leaks (thanks to WW&B), and is VERY EASY to play.

#5 ·
Thank you for attention. Now I have 3 choices I know nothing about :)
Doesn't matter, neither are expensive and you are not yet ready to be picky about mouthpieces (luckily!) so whatever is the easiest to get. A bit down the line when you have more experience you will know when you are ready for an upgrade and what to look for. One thing, I think out of the ones mentioned the Hite may be a bit mellower, so if you like a brighter sound I'd go with one of the others. Some soundclips comparing those and others on my site:

http://tamingthesaxophone.com/saxophone-alto-mouthpiece-comparison.html

About the horn: yes these are great horns and very good too that you ge it well set up. Good that after three weeks you can get the lowest and highest notes. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.