Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi. You might want to try to contact Sax Quest directly and mention the video or send them the link to the page and ask them. They are awesome people down there and would probably be able to help you

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. You might want to try to contact Sax Quest directly and mention the video or send them the link to the page and ask them. They are awesome people down there and would probably be able to help you
I did but they said it was a sax quest but it looks like a Meyer to me.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Too hard to see. That guy sounds great on that piece but it seems like he's working a little too hard at it, as if it's a little too open or too hard of a reed for him IMO.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Sax quest does offer their own line of mouthpieces. I am sure they know or would know best what it is. Many of the newer mouthpieces are or can be made to resemble past models.

Ive got a sax quest bridge model tenor mouthpiece (For Sale Thread) and it somewhat resembles a Meyer hard rubber

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Having watched a number of demo videos on Saxquest, I think that's the guy who plays the Saxquest "The Core" as his main piece. I don't know if he plays it exclusively in the vids though. I could be wrong, but at least them telling you it's a Saxquest piece narrows it down to three models. My money's on "The Core"; I've been eying one of those for a while now.

·
Registered
Alto sax, Tenor sax, Clarinet
1,307 Posts
Here is a link to Saxquest showing a close up of Austin playing the Saxquest Core tenor mpc. They state that he regularly plays a 7* Core. I have spoken with Austin in the past. You can call Saxquest directly and ask to speak to Austin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a link to Saxquest showing a close up of Austin playing the Saxquest Core tenor mpc. They state that he regularly plays a 7* Core. I have spoken with Austin in the past. You can call Saxquest directl9y and ask to speak to Austin.
Link?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Having watched a number of demo videos on Saxquest, I think that's the guy who plays the Saxquest "The Core" as his main piece. I don't know if he plays it exclusively in the vids though. I could be wrong, but at least them telling you it's a Saxquest piece narrows it down to three models. My money's on "The Core"; I've been eying one of those for a while now.
Yep they said it was the core model.now I have it on my rather large list of one's I like

1 - 12 of 12 Posts