Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 222998 View attachment 223000 View attachment 223002
whenever i bought my buescher c melody stencil, it came with this mouthpiece and currently i play it on my alto. im trying to figure out really anything about it. if you know anything about it then feel free to tell me. the ligature has a "C" on it. ive tried searching on line but i have nothing to narrow the search so i have came up with nothing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
It looks like a Riffault what is it that is scribbled on the table? O the top there are what looks like the remnants of a shield (??) which could easily be the one from Lelandais.

The C on the ligature can easily mean “ clarinet”. Not necessarily C melody. With respect, pics are bad. :cry:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I don't know much about Bueschers or their mouthpieces, but it may well be the mouthpiece that was originally supplied with the C horn, having now its "Buescher" markings worn off (?). The letter "C" on the ligature seems to me most likely to say that it is for a C Melody mouthpiece and that the piece in question is a C Melody piece. Does it play in tune on the alto? Does its shank fit on the alto's neck cork, as opposed to being loose and needing some paper under it? If the answers are No (or "um, sort of...") and No, respectively, I would think you have there a C Melody mouthpiece, likely as originally supplied with the Buescher sax. In any case, I'm sure it is huge inside and has a tubby (or quite likely Stuffy, even), old-fashioned sound. It bears all the classic "styling features" of such pieces.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
Mine had a Buerscher eagle which is a very different piece

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know much about Bueschers or their mouthpieces, but it may well be the mouthpiece that was originally supplied with the C horn, having now its "Buescher" markings worn off (?). The letter "C" on the ligature seems to me most likely to say that it is for a C Melody mouthpiece and that the piece in question is a C Melody piece. Does it play in tune on the alto? Does its shank fit on the alto's neck cork, as opposed to being loose and needing some paper under it? If the answers are No (or "um, sort of...") and No, respectively, I would think you have there a C Melody mouthpiece, likely as originally supplied with the Buescher sax. In any case, I'm sure it is huge inside and has a tubby (or quite likely Stuffy, even), old-fashioned sound. It bears all the classic "styling features" of such pieces.
it fits just fine on the alto. about in tune, im not sure. havent tuned it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts