Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ezra Collective. I love the the music and the sound of this British band. And in particular the
big dark and edgy projecting tone James Mollison gets on his NW II. I can not find any info on him and his sax setup.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
This is a fantastic band — I mean fantastic !! I'd say it's the best band in Britain today.

As to Mollison's mouthpiece — I couldn't say what he's playing on the above, but check out the following, recorded in Utrecht about seven months ago. I could have sworn it was a 10Mfan HR piece, with the three thin white rings on the shank, but I've just had another look, and what I took to be white rings was actually a single broad brass band. Which mouthpiece has this feature ?

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is a fantastic band — I mean fantastic !! I'd say it's the best band in Britain today.

As to Mollison's mouthpiece — I couldn't say what he's playing on the above, but check out the following, recorded in Utrecht about seven months ago. I could have sworn it was a 10Mfan HR piece, with the three thin white rings on the shank, but I've just had another look, and what I took to be white rings was actually a single broad brass band. Which mouthpiece has this feature ?

Could it be a Pillinger? Sounds really good!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Actually that's very possible ! The PPT ("Pillinger-Pete Thomas") mouthpieces have that ring on the shank — or mine do, anyway. I didn't think of them because my PPT pieces aren't black — but I see they've put out a black version fairly recently…

Pete Thomas — can you help here ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts