Sax on the Web Forum banner

What Model B&H Clarinet is this?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BOPITY FUNK 
#1 ·
I purchased this clarinet a few months ago. I did some research and found that this clarinet was part of a group of frozen stock that were released after the end of ww2. The serial number is 603XX.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Look on the back of the keys and see if they are cast with markings. It might have 926 on them which was one model, but other clarinets used these keys as well.
The basic models were Regent, Edgware, Emperor and Imperial as 926 or 1010. It has none of these markings, so was either prior to these or made for export market where they used different model names or numbers. If you look on the back where the serial number is there might be a model number. But it looks like maybe a generic model that was like the wooden Regent.

#4 ·
Looking at the serial number archive, this serial number was issued as part of a group of frozen stock between 1946 to 1948. It also states that the numbers were issued twice. Numbers 60000 to 61539 were given to clarinets produced between 1946 to 1948. Everything tells me its an early 926, before the imperial designation. The condition of the wood is perfect. The pads had recently been replaced and are of the correct type. The key action is perfect. Light to the touch, but quickly returns to its resting position. It sounds very nice. I also have the original case, and even that is of very good quality. I wonder if it is possible to get someone to check the archive for more info.

TCK123

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.