Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,671 Posts
+1 on the two-screw/two-band ligs from whatever manufacturer you can find. I use Selmer's two-screw lig and love 'em . . . simple, secure, great sound, and inexpensive.

Of all the Rovners, I like the Eddie Daniels II the best, but those little metal inserts are a joke (my opinion). When they fall out and I lose them, the lig plays just as good empty as when they were inserted.

Vandoren Optimum? More marketing hype, although I like them better than Rovners. Finally, I use the Bonades (both standard and inverted) on soprano, too, and they are equal to the metal Selmers - for me. See a huge thread about ligs in this section. It all is subjective. DAVE

· Distinguished SOTW Member
14,671 Posts
It isn't that I DISlike Rovners as it is that the simple metal two-screw models work better for me. I have an almost full set of Rovners collected over the years (light, dark, EDII, Evo5, etc.) and sometimes I find them useful, mainly when I want to cut the buzz on a certain set-up with a certain reed in a certain playing environment. They aren't BAD and probably just as many players like them. DAVE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.