Sax on the Web Forum banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
Early 70's Yamaha YTS-21 with a 10MFan Classic 7* 'piece and whatever reed is in the case
124 Posts
YTS-21
Vandoren v21 2.5 (or Blue box 2.5)
Selmer CS80 C*
Rovner R2 Ligature

·
Registered
108 Posts
YSS 62 Purple Logo, Otto Link HR 6 with a Labayle metal Tenor sax single srew ligature, Vandoren 2.5/3.

YAS 62 Purple Logo, Yanagisawa Metal 7 with stock ligature, Vandoren 2.5/3.

YTS 62 Purple Logo, Yanagisawa Metal 7 with stock ligature, Vandoren 2.5/3 or La Voz M/MH.

YBS 32 Newer One , Yanagisawa Metal 7 with stock ligature or a Vandoren Leather ligature, La Voz MH.

The Soprano and Tenor I have owned since new in 1985, the Tenor was a replacement for an older JK Toneking that was written off due to damage. Thank goodness for insurance! The Soprano was partly paid with money left to me by my Grandmother, bless her. I received the Saxophones directly from the UK distributor and I was the first person to take them out of box. They both played out of the box, nothing needed doing to them. The Soprano has only had its octave pads changed and a piece of felt replaced on the octave mechanism, it is due for an overhaul as some pads are looking a bit dry now. The Tenor was overhauled over 10 years ago and is holding up very well, could do with an oil change/service.

The Alto I have owned for about 10 years, it's an earlier Purple Logo with the larger RH thumb rest.

The Baritone I have owned since 2011, I was looking for a 62, but they were not coming up for sale here in the UK. I had a really good deal on this one, picking it up for well under half the price of a new 32 at the time.

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2016
Guitar and saxophone
420 Posts
YTS-61 with HR Meyer 7M. Java Green and Red 2.5, 3, and 3.5 reeds . Used to use a Meyer Metal 7M but have gone back to HR Meyer.

·
Registered
Early 70's Yamaha YTS-21 with a 10MFan Classic 7* 'piece and whatever reed is in the case
124 Posts
YTS-21
Vandoren v21 2.5 (or Blue box 2.5)
Selmer CS80 C*
Rovner R2 Ligature

Upgraded mouthpiece now the combo is:
YTS-21
10MFan Classic 6* Ultem
V21 or blue box 2.5s for now
Rovner R2 Ligature

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
YTS-875-EX Gold Lacquer finish - G1 Silver plate neck - 1948 NY Meyer HR mouthpiece

YAS-62II Gold Lacquer finish - G1 neck - Mouthpieces - Morgan HR 7L , Wanne Gaia HR #7, Labayle HR #6

YSS-82ZR - Silver plate - Morgan HR 7J

Reeds - any kind 2.5 - 3

·
Registered
9 Posts
As of today.: Custom Yts875ex with G3 neck, yamaha custom 5c mpc with Rovner R2 ligature, Vandoren black box zz reeds 2.5 or 3
This horn has replaced my early 80s 62
Also yamaha yfl-482H flute open hole inline G b foot. Very sweet

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its a reconditioned YTS 62 purple logo with a Chinese knock-off of a Jody Jazz HR* (got the logo and everything. I didn't think it would be any good but WOW! they got it right that time!) and select jazz 3 1/2 reeds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Soprano:
YSS-875EXHG
G2R neck
Selmer Concept
BG Tradition gold plated
Vandoren traditional 3 or 3.5

Alto:
YAS-875EXII
V1 sterling silver neck
Selmer Concept
BG Tradition gold plated
Vandoren Traditional or V21 3

Tenor:
YTS-875EXGP
G3 neck (soon to be V1 sterling silver)
Selmer Concept
BG Tradition gold plated
Vandoren Traditional or V21 3

Baritone:
YBS-62
Selmer S80 D
BG Tradition gold plated
Vandoren Traditional 3

·
Registered
19 Posts
YAS 23- modified octave mech to fit G1 neck, Vandoren v16 A6, Rovner legacy; omg my fav!/Meyer 5M, rovner versa/ Selmer Soloist style long shank C*(refaced to E) & rovner dark lig. All 3 on blue box 2.5 or 3's.
YAS 52- Selmer standard metal C w/ matching lig, legere signature 3 or blue box 3/ Vandoren AL3 Optimum w/ vandoren 2 screw
YTS 23- Selmer s80 c*(I hate this mpc), BG L41 lig, blue box 3's. STM 7 w/ matching lig that stays in this case because I cant get it to work on any of my tenors right.
YTS 52- Meyer 7M, Rovner platinum lig, Blue box 2.5's or 3's
YTS 875- (new)Selmer Soloist F, Rovner platinum, legere signature 3, 3.5 or blue box 3's.

I probably have about 6 other alto mpc/lig bits stashed in a drawer, and at least 4 other tenors too, but I assume everyone got bit by mpc bug at some point too, and doesn't wanna let them go. My secret guilty pleasure is playing any of my tenors with my original Yamaha plastic 4C mpc with the corresponding heavy brass ligature from the 80's, the thing is magical at making pretty noises shoot out of any of my horns.

I don't play sop or bari, and I can't afford more horns because honestly I already dove in too deep for a guy that barely plays, or plays well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I play a YTS 875EX with a metal NY 5* Link, a FL lig and Rico Royal #2 reeds. I am also testing a TW GAIA 3 6* mpc to get more projection for playing outdoors.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
YTS-875-EX Gold Lacquer finish - G1 Silver plate neck - 1948 NY Meyer HR mouthpiece

YAS-62II Gold Lacquer finish - G1 neck - Mouthpieces - Morgan HR 7L , Wanne Gaia HR #7, Labayle HR #6

YSS-82ZR - Silver plate - Morgan HR 7J

Reeds - any kind 2.5 - 3
Update on YAS-62II - 62 Silverplate neck - Mouthpiece Brilhart Tonalin #5

·
Registered
1 Posts
YAS-62III with a Yamaha 6CM on a 62 neck or a Jody Jazz HR* 6M on a V1 neck (depending on what I'm playing). Vandoren Optimum ligature.

YSS-475II with a Jody Jazz HR* 6* (I'm new to soprano, so this one's my first). Rovner Platinum ligature (that JJ mpc is small... even the factory Yamaha lig was too big for it).

Boston Sax Shop #3 reeds for both.

Mike

181 - 195 of 195 Posts