Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Does anybody know What is this mouthpiece? Can not find anything about it :(

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,807 Posts
you being Polish and this being old it may come from Eastern Europe? That it would be very strange in anyone outside that area knows it .

It looks like a Meyer copy

·
38,807 Posts
It may be from an obscure and marginal maker then somewhere in the world, there were and still are many

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. You are right. In any case, it's not ease to blow. I do not like it :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm sure I've had a mouthpiece just like that a long time ago but I don't remember much about it or where I got it. (I bought and sold and repaired a lot of instruments). I believe that first straight line showing in the brand name is the front leg of a very tall letter "R" with the rest of the "R" rubbed off. Revell is what I seem to remember it saying as the brand name.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I'm sure I've had a mouthpiece just like that a long time ago but I don't remember much about it or where I got it. (I bought and sold and repaired a lot of instruments). I believe that first straight line showing in the brand name is the front leg of a very tall letter "R" with the rest of the "R" rubbed off. Revell is what I seem to remember it saying as the brand name.
I was reminded of “Revell” also, because it looks just like the logo Revell used on their plastic model cars, ships and airplanes. Anyone over 40, in the US, who built model kits as a kid, will recognize that.

I just didn’t expect to see that name on a mouthpiece.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I was reminded of “Revell” also, because it looks just like the logo Revell used on their plastic model cars, ships and airplanes. Anyone over 40, in the US, who built model kits as a kid, will recognize that.

I just didn’t expect to see that name on a mouthpiece.
I certainly put a lot of Revell models together as a kid -- but my memory is nagging at me that I've had (or maybe just seen) a Revell sax mouthpiece like the pictures in the OP but can't remember where I got it or whatever became of it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,904 Posts
If its not really good to play and you don’t like it, what it is, is of no real importance.
Move it in and forget about it.
Life is too short.

·
38,807 Posts
Logos are very different

1 - 13 of 13 Posts