Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

trying to find a tenor saxophone, went around to see a mate who was selling some vintage horns and i found one that grabbed my attention. he lent it to me to try out and i took it to a jam session last night and it screamed, was unreal, i never played a tenor sax before but it seamed notes just rolled out, everyone commented on my playing saying not to go back to alto again.

i believe the sax to be a keilwerth, the engraving on the bell has metro on the front wich i believe to be of a music shop, and on the back has a stamp 'JK the best in the world', model number 25771.

i was playing it with a lawton 7 metal mouthpiece wich i liked alot

i dont know much about the sax, is it wourth the money he is asking $1000. is it a student or professional model, commen or sought after.

any information or advice would be much appreciated

thankyou very much

josh

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, sounds like the one

the boys in the other thread dont seam to rate it that high

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Well, if it played well for you, and you liked it, what does it matter what others think? You have been told that is a fair price as long as the sax is in good shape, and you described it as "unreal". Go for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thankyou for the reply ian hart.

it seams that i can get caught up in trying to compare prices and different models of saxs when basically it comes down to the individual piece and 90% the ability of the player to produce good tone.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
brasscane said:
In good shape that's a fair price.
And an even better price if you get that Lawton mouthpiece with it. It's like the Keilwerth saxophone and Lawton mouthpiece were just meant to be together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know what u mean jc bigler, it seamed that mouthpiece was made for that sax, was just playing it then.

are the lawton mouthpieces hard to come by?
expensive?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts