Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
17,592 Posts
They are not special pieces to ME, but others will have a different feeling about them.
It’s all about finding what works for you as a player. I would never play one of these for any reason. They just don’t do it for me at all.... and I have owned probably 100 of these during my heavy buying and selling days.
If you find one that has something special for you, that’s great.

I will add that there are many guys that I’ve heard on these pieces that sound wonderful. I just don’t have that experience with these myself.

· VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
17,592 Posts
I love many players I hear on them, but I wouldn’t play one based on what I like in a mouthpiece.
Everyone’s different. The designs of the original Reso tenors just dont move me as a player at all. I’ve had a few of the altos I have liked more than any of the tenors I have owned...but still not pieces I would play on based on what I like as a player.

I love Paul Desmond and Art Pepper, but I wouldn’t play on an MC Gregory alto like they did, based on my experiences with those mpcs too.
Those guys sound AMAZING, but I don’t get on with those pieces. Not right for me.

We all like different things in mouthpieces, and I answered the OP’s question with my honest answer.
If someone loves this model and they want to spend a lot of money on one, that’s their choice.

As a player, if I had to use a vintage HR tenor Link, I would rather play on a great Florida Slant or a great Early Babbitt model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.