Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a contoured tenor case that I bought several years back, and I'm trying to replace the strap that came with it. Problem is, the case has nothing on it to identify the brand, inside or out. It's made of a very dense foam-like material on the outside, and it's definitely in the hard-case category, not a gig bag. Inside it's the usual padded velvet area for the horn, with separate depressions for the neck and mouthpiece. The whole thing closes with a zipper. The strap fastens to some square plastic clips on the outside, so I have to get one from the manufacturer - nothing else will clip on correctly.

What do I have?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
i didn't think winters had a zip, that has a zip
it looks vaguely like a really old selmer contoured flight case that someone i know has

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
Cant help with the case ID, but worst case could you just gerry rig some loops onto the hard shell with pop rivets or screws or something, and just use a regular strap?

Bam make some sort of hardcases with a zipper?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,679 Posts
Canadiain said:
Cant help with the case ID, but worst case could you just gerry rig some loops onto the hard shell with pop rivets or screws or something, and just use a regular strap?

Bam make some sort of hardcases with a zipper?
Show a closeup of the "clips". From your description, I'm guessing that it's a standard type of clip, the other half of which is available at some hardware stores or supply houses. If that's true, you could easily sew or loop some appropriate width webstrapping to a new pair of clips. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts