Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SOTW Administrator
26,243 Posts
...or it could be an Eventide Harmonizer.

I'm not sure what year this is from, but there are many, many more and cheaper alternatives for digital effects nowadays.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hakukani said:
...or it could be an Eventide Harmonizer.

I'm not sure what year this is from, but there are many, many more and cheaper alternatives for digital effects nowadays.
That's what I am thinking it is now to after looking some pedals up. The 3.0 is $2000. YIKES!

I am going to check out the Boss PS-5 Phase shifter and harmonizer.

Thanks for the imput guys.

Anthony

·
Registered
226 Posts
Effects pedals

Just curious how you are hooking up your pedals given that they are 1/4 plugs rather than XLR. I am currently using an echo/delay pedal with a small submixer. I use the send/rtn plugs on the mixer so my mic is still XLR. Then I go 1/4" into the main mixer. Any other ways to do it??? Thanks

·
SOTW Administrator
26,243 Posts
crashkahuna said:
Just curious how you are hooking up your pedals given that they are 1/4 plugs rather than XLR. I am currently using an echo/delay pedal with a small submixer. I use the send/rtn plugs on the mixer so my mic is still XLR. Then I go 1/4" into the main mixer. Any other ways to do it??? Thanks
Sounds good to me. How's it sound to you?;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
220 Posts
On tenor I use built in mic on neck. Have used since the 60's. Has 1/8" plug which plug into a 1/4" converter. That brecker sound can be created by using a guitar chorus pedal and through an amp or pa. Quite simple and inexpensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm into it....

I think the tenor player from Maynard Ferguson's Album The Essence of Maynard uses the same sort of device on Conquistador. You guys know it?
Listened to the Brecker clip. My former sax teacher in KY, Miles Osland used a harmonizer on some of his CD's and yeah I think it's way cool.

Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts