Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :)
So i was given a soprano saxophone a while ago. It is almost new, well its a few years old but has only been played a handful of times. It is nickel plated with gold keys.

It was bought for my friends wife, who died very shortly after. He gave it to me, but due to TMJ i just can't play it.

I am hoping for enough money to pay to have the pads replaced on a open-holed flute.

What would you suggest asking for it? and where is a good market to sell? I live in a small town, so would have to sell it online. Craigslist? Ebay?

Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
What model is it? And could you list some photos?

I believe selling it here on SOTW is probably the best plan. Second to that is eBay. I really detest all the scams on Craigslist and I would avoid it if possible.

If it is one of the newer higher-end models in perfect condition, it should bring between $600 to $800 on eBay. I think Kessler is selling them new for around $1200 and maybe a little less. I believe the repad on my wife's flute four years ago was only about $200.

·
Registered
233 Posts
sent u a PM

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,269 Posts
These are decent sopranos but there were a few different models. For instance, one was a copy of a fixed-neck Yanagisawa S901, while another was a copy of Yanagisawa's dual-neck sopranos - and those varied between the ones with hi-G keying and non-hi-G keying. THEN, I recall they came in three different finishes - you said nickel but I recall it was BLACK nickel (a striking appearance), along with lacquered brass and silver-plate.

Which one do you have? They didn't sell originally for a whole lot of money - I got mine for under $1K from Dave Kessler in Las Vegas (a 590LQ, meaning dual-neck, lacquered brass with the hi-G). Used? Depends on the model, but if you want to move it you'll probably have to price it low. Pricing it high may cause you to own for it a while. We'll know more when you give us the details. DAVE

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
It is almost new, well its a few years old but has only been played a handful of times. It is nickel plated with gold keys . . . What would you suggest asking for it? and where is a good market to sell?
$400 to $600, depending on the model. Sell it on eBay with a starting price of $400 and no reserve. If it doesn't sell, you can re-evaluate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts