Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We all know that on you tube one thing leads to another and it is rather easy to find unusual things if you give it a chance.

I have seen some of these videos by Jonas Braasch before. He experiments in many ways with musical instruments and music.

It probably won’t be to everyone’s taste but we cannot deny that experimenting (as long as it is not made, as I have often seen on you tube, just for the sake of showing something weird mounting different mouthpieces on different wind instruments as many have done on youtube) may always lead to some interesting results

Happy Sky Wood Font Technology

Light Product Electronic device Auto part Font

This video (and there a re more) shows the ALTERNATIVE use of the Soprano saxophone

The main difference with these videos is that they are not made in the spirt of : “ Hey, look at me, I am doing something weird and funny, would it work?”.

Jonas Braasch is thorough and extremely analytic ( and competent player of many different instruments). I have quoted some other of his videos before ( duduk adapter)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
very interesting, good sounding approaches! Great, that some guys really dig that deep.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had forgotten to add the wok of Sam Newsome to the modified soprano

We spoke about his in the past but it fits in this thread too.

and just in case anybody wonders ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts