Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This mouthpiece was in the case with a very old Buescher Alto sax. (no front F key) Low pitch though. I am guessing that it is possibly the stock mouthpiece that came with the instrument. It is in very good shape. I have not played it, but have a pretty good ideal what it will sound like. Am I correct in my guess? Hand Finger Thumb Material property Nail
Hand Camera lens Household hardware Finger Camera accessory
Hand Finger Bumper Tints and shades Composite material
Finger Thumb Auto part Gas Nail
Finger Wood Nail Thumb Ammunition

When I get a chance, I will try it on my 6m. I already have the Steelay #5 that came with the purchase of that horn. I enjoy trying these mouthpieces and matching them with proper reeds to get an idea of what they were thinking when the put these things together in the first place. Note----I spent the my first five years or so playing a 6m with the stock mouthpiece as a child. It really worked very well ---perhaps better than the modern set-ups my current students use.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No markings at all.

There are a few tooth marks, but the mouthpiece is remarkably well preserved.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If it was with a Buescher sax, then its definitely not the stock mouthpiece that came with it. Buescher mouthpieces look very different: usually shorter and have a lip around the shank. But the mouthpiece does look like it could be period correct. The ring on it does remind me of the old conn eagles though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Lelandais would have shank rings a little bit closer to the "business part" of the shank. Maybe it is a Louis Augu or a mouthpiece that came with a Pierret?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.