Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This mouthpiece was in the case with a very old Buescher Alto sax. (no front F key) Low pitch though. I am guessing that it is possibly the stock mouthpiece that came with the instrument. It is in very good shape. I have not played it, but have a pretty good ideal what it will sound like. Am I correct in my guess? View attachment 212570 View attachment 212572 View attachment 212574 View attachment 212576 View attachment 212578
When I get a chance, I will try it on my 6m. I already have the Steelay #5 that came with the purchase of that horn. I enjoy trying these mouthpieces and matching them with proper reeds to get an idea of what they were thinking when the put these things together in the first place. Note----I spent the my first five years or so playing a 6m with the stock mouthpiece as a child. It really worked very well ---perhaps better than the modern set-ups my current students use.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No markings at all.

There are a few tooth marks, but the mouthpiece is remarkably well preserved.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If it was with a Buescher sax, then its definitely not the stock mouthpiece that came with it. Buescher mouthpieces look very different: usually shorter and have a lip around the shank. But the mouthpiece does look like it could be period correct. The ring on it does remind me of the old conn eagles though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lelandais would have shank rings a little bit closer to the "business part" of the shank. Maybe it is a Louis Augu or a mouthpiece that came with a Pierret?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts