Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did the Borg emoticon go away?

:borg:

Your Borgani-lovin' doc,

George

·
Premium Member
11,596 Posts
It was lost but still in the database :scratch: – Whatever happened, it must have been due to my latest rearrangement of the smileys by assigning them new numbers to make place for more – I retrieved it and also added a new one. Borg2 --> :borg2:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Kim!

Since we are on the topic of smileys, why is the regular Bb smiley so faded looking? He looks almost like a ghost of a smiley that has passed on or an apparition of sorts.

:):):):):)

This is what a healthy smiley should look like.
That is one well-fed lookin' smiley.

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
I'm sorry Kim. I sometimes forget there is a language and culture difference. Where I come from musicians use the term "Bb" to mean regular or ordinary. A Bb trumpet is a regular trumpet. Ones in the key of A, C, or D are special trumpets. A Bb clarinet is a regular clarinet as opposed to an A clarinet. A Bb hamburger is a regular hamburger. A Bb notebook is a regular notebook and so on. A Bb smiley face is the regular, ordinary smiley face, not one of the variations.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Yep,

I'm glad it's back too.

·
Premium Member
11,596 Posts
I'm sorry Kim. I sometimes forget there is a language and culture difference. Where I come from musicians use the term "Bb" to mean regular or ordinary. A Bb trumpet is a regular trumpet. Ones in the key of A, C, or D are special trumpets. A Bb clarinet is a regular clarinet as opposed to an A clarinet. A Bb hamburger is a regular hamburger. A Bb notebook is a regular notebook and so on. A Bb smiley face is the regular, ordinary smiley face, not one of the variations.
Language and cultural difference aside, IMO that's a bit of a far stretch to extend the same kind of reasoning to emoticons and expect others to get it. Anyway, to the question: yes the regular smileys are ugly. They came with one of the vBulletin upgrade we did in the recent past. That's why Mike and I are uploading new, better looking smiley whenever we come across some nice ones.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,640 Posts
I live in a Bb neighborhood. My wife has a Bb job.

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
Language and cultural difference aside, IMO that's a bit of a far stretch to extend the same kind of reasoning to emoticons and expect others to get it. Anyway, to the question: yes the regular smileys are ugly. They came with one of the vBulletin upgrade we did in the recent past. That's why Mike and I are uploading new, better looking smiley whenever we come across some nice ones.
Thanks Kim. That's far better than the Bb answer I was expecting.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,345 Posts
Resistance really was futile

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.