·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I BOUGHT RECENTLY A BALANCE ACTION SELMER
it was sold with a selmer hr short shank B* mpc
very difficult for me to play
i am used to stm otto link 7 openning

could someone give me an advise what to play with?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I had terrible results on my BA with any mouthpiece that had a medium or small chamber. I have been able to use, Links, Long Shank Soloists, and Morgan Large Chambers.

I am currently using a Morgan 9EL which I really like.

As others above have posted, I also think that the Link STM 7 that you mentioned should work well.

I just noticed that your Selmer mouthpiece has a 'B' facing. I can't imagine that I could get enough air through one of those to play it at all either...

The two Soloists that I use are both refaced, one has a .095 tip, the other, .099.

Good luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi I have an SBA so thats not much different, tried a few pieces Selmer D to close. Berg larsen 95/2sms ok but stuffy, Lawton opened to 100thou by Ez great for Band work. Jody jazz esp metal 90, best all round for solo work it also has a spoiler which works well in band situations. My tech says vintage rubber for these old horns.I hope this helps and if you find the one please let me know as I am still chasing the Webster sound, but I think you make it yourself with years of PRACTICE.All the best. racer...

·
Registered
681 Posts
The old hard rubber Links work great. Either the slant sig or eb's they're both good,but i agree as long as your STM 7 is a good one it should work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts