Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2019
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a Ponzol M2 100s for sale online, and was wondering what the "s" stood for. Have had no luck searching, and the model is no longer listed on Peter Ponzol's website.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I always believed that the "S" stood for shorter facing curve than standard models.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,340 Posts
I think SactoPete hit it on the head, but for some reason the word Super sticks in my head as well.

Peter is pretty good about responding to e-mails. His address is on his web site.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The "S" was used to designate an evolution in Ponzol's CAD machining that produced a better and more consistent facing curve. I have found on Ponzol M1's that the curves are rather short regardless of being the later "S" models or not. I just had Eric G. reface my M1 (s) and it was like night and day as far as blowing resistance by increasing the length of the lay.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,037 Posts
The "S" was used to designate an evolution in Ponzol's CAD machining that produced a better and more consistent facing curve. I have found on Ponzol M1's that the curves are rather short regardless of being the later "S" models or not. I just had Eric G. reface my M1 (s) and it was like night and day as far as blowing resistance by increasing the length of the lay.
What was the night and day different it made? I own two of these and they play well but would use them more often if they played even better. Thanks. B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
3,383 Posts
Well, there ya go. I told you I could be mistaken! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts