1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
13,993 Posts
None of the real Martin pro horns during the desirable eras had the bell keys on the left side (either both on right side, or earlier model HCs had split bell keys). Nor did they use sheet metal guards on any of their pro horns. This looks like a Wurlitzer era Martin student horn from the late 1960's or later.

It's not a HC, Committee II or The Martin Committee/Magna etc, or even one of their better era Imperials or Medalists, so don't bother.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
43,496 Posts
Reedsplinter said:
Hence the nickel keys?
no in the sixties plenty of professional models (notably the Magna) had silver-nickel keys, mind you, they are not silver-nickel-plate, they are solid. I have a The Martin or committee like this.

This particular horn doesn't look like it was ever made by Martin, sold by them, it might be, not made by them, I am afraid. Too expensive.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Me
2,058 Posts
Well, it sold for the equivalent of just past US$800, so ebay mania strikes again...

G

·
LeBlanc had Yanagisawa make some stencils that were labled Martin. Is the Galaxy a Yani ?
If so, $800 for a T-5 or T-6 would be a good price. A little high if it is a T-500 or a T-4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.