Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Back in the day first thing I would do is go directly to the bathroom
and wash off some of the debris that was thrown at me and then once I was cleaned up I would try to console the audience and try to convey to them that I meant no harm!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
I remember those days in bars too but now that I only play in high end restaurant situations I have found that the entertainment is taken care of quickly.
nice

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,153 Posts
Horn down. Mop brow (I perspire like a mofo year round). Get a drink (usually water). Pee.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
Nowadays my first destination after each set is the bathroom to relieve myself. If it's the end of the gig, sax goes safely into the case, then off to the bathoom. I can't chat to people when I have to pee.:)

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts
I go get my beer. It's illegal to drink on stage in Hawaii.

Then I talk to whoever, and sit a bit.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
I'm put back in my cage and wheeled away-It's illegal to serve alcohol to me in 12 or 13 different countries and I'm disallowed (and choose to not) to speak to anyone.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
Illegal to drink on stage? Does that include non-alchoholic drinks? Sodas? Ice Water? And if non-alchoholic drinks are okay how do they know you don't have a little jolt of Stoli in your ice water? Or Jack Daniels in your coca-cola? Do they send someone around to inspect the band's drinks? Sample the ice water? This sounds like a law that begs to be broken.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm put back in my cage and wheeled away-It's illegal to serve alcohol to me in 12 or 13 different countries and I'm disallowed (and choose to not) to speak to anyone.
Yeah - Well you're "different" Thomas. I was directing the question at our "normal" members... :)

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts
Yeah - Well you're "different" Thomas. I was directing the question at our "normal" members... :)
...and that would be...uh....who?

·
Super Moderator
26,313 Posts
Illegal to drink on stage? Does that include non-alchoholic drinks? Sodas? Ice Water? And if non-alchoholic drinks are okay how do they know you don't have a little jolt of Stoli in your ice water? Or Jack Daniels in your coca-cola? Do they send someone around to inspect the band's drinks? Sample the ice water? This sounds like a law that begs to be broken.
Stoli and icewater? Ick.
Coke on stage. Not me.

Of course, it's unenforceable, but there are also SPL regs, and if they want to bust the venue, they'll find something, and drinking on stage is an easy excuse.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,226 Posts
I have my people drape a cape over my back and lead me off the stage...
Please ... please ... please ... please don't go

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,226 Posts
Junior Walker used to do this bit, too.
But James Brown invented it, about 10 years before Junior Walker had his first hit.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts