Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 for everything that has been said so far. Also remember this: embouchure is produced through practice. The more you play, the stronger your embouchure will become, and when that happens you will be able to play for even longer periods of time and, most importantly, your pitch will be much more consistent. There's no way to fast-track this process (which I'm sure you know if you took lessons previously) but a teacher will be able to help you get a really good embouchure and a refined tone, as others have said.

·
Registered
15 Posts
As said the pitch can change dramatically just by embouchure, hence why vibrato is possible. I guess I've been concerned if I am clamping down too much on the mouthpiece or if I'm too slack. I guess that's something a teacher could tell me.
You absolutely have the right idea here. At the end of the day, the truth is that even though there are many incredibly talented and experienced players on this website, no one is going to be able to help you understand your tone better than a good teacher in person. Emphasis on the "in person" there, since recording your playing and putting it on the internet is inevitably going to make you sound different, which really isn't ideal when working with something as delicate as embouchure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts