Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
can somebody help me to identify the green color of the logo on the neck? What number of color is it?
I would like to make it like new and do not know what green color to use.
Thank you.

Bottle Glass bottle Plant Thumb Beer bottle

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,458 Posts
Well, it’s green.

I wouldn’t know what number of color it is you have enough there to “ read” the color probably.
I would call it a PM 356

Font Electric blue Rectangle Logo Brand

Colorfulness Rectangle Font Slope Parallel

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thank you. It is the right color.
I supposed, that it will be the same green color like in Italian flag, but it is not :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nothing beats physical comparison in daylight against good palette. I have pretty good set of palettes for interior paints, and M378 from Tikkurila Symphony color system is pretty damn good match. For the naked eye it's even better match than in the photo, because of reflections on different surface lie a bit on the photo.

According to Tikkurila, the RGB approximation is 58, 93, 65 (#3A5D41). I believe in the absence of RAL code, your local paint shop should be understand the approximated matching NCS color code 5736-G14Y. M378 M378 | Tikkurila

Rgb.to says #3A5D41 should be close to RAL 6028 but that is already two conversions so I wouldn't know how accurate that is.

You can ask a paint shop if their system understands Tikkurila M378, if not then ask NCS 5736-G14Y or RGB 58, 93, 65, if not then RAL 6028, or go to another shop :D

Gesture Finger Font Grass Material property

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,470 Posts
Call the Grassi factory and ask someone? Better brush up on your Italian.

·
41,458 Posts
The Grassi Factory has been closed for decades, the brand now belongs to a company in a location Very far from Quarna sotto with nobody working there that has ever seen in person the real thing , moderrn Grassi, made in China, are nothing like the old ones.

Body jewelry Jewellery Clock Household hardware Auto part

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing beats physical comparison in daylight against good palette.
I did it today. I went to the shop and compare with seller some green colors that are very near of Grassi green. RAL 6001, 6002, 6029, 6028, 6035, 6016 and the winner is 6002!
It looks very different in the shop and outside under the sun. The Revell company does not make RAL 6002 green. I bought spray. One of my friend that makes aeroplane models said to me, he will use the color from spray and paint it with brush. I will post it here.

And thank you guys for showing me the way how to identify the green color!

·
41,458 Posts
the way to fill the color is normally apply with a brush and then clean the excess with a bit of cloth

1 - 9 of 9 Posts