Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my borg jubilee case but might get another to replace it.I think a Jacob Winter fibre glass case would fit,had 2 and like them and they fitted the mauriat 66rul which has a larger bell.Want to stick to a shaped case so hiscox is out.I had to sell my month old Bam Cabin case when i got the borg.What you guys using.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,722 Posts
I use the stock blue leather case with three clasps - similar in other regards to the one in Liam's post.

I'd be interested to learn of other options but I'm satisfied with the current setup.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, SOTW Better late than neve
4,273 Posts
Stock case is very good on Borgonis. That is what I'm using for tenor. Only thing I don't like on mine are the clasps. They're plastic and don't open/close easy. I have Bam HiTech case for my alto. That's also a very good case.

·
34,722 Posts
Stock case is very good on Borgonis. That is what I'm using for tenor. Only thing I don't like on mine are the clasps. They're plastic and don't open/close easy.
The clasps on my tenor case open a bit too easily. When traveling, I often put a strap 'round the case to make sure that it doesn't pop open if someone pulls the case out of a tight space. Paranoid, I'm sure, as I've never seen any of the clasps pop open by themselves. Better careful, tho', rather than have to pick up my lovely horn from an unfriendly floor.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
34,722 Posts
Yup! Dat be da 1.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just going to settle on me borg case,they also look very nice.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Just going to settle on me borg case,they also look very nice.
A friend of mine in college played a Borgani and he had that same older style case. I always thought it looked great, in fact I was always trying to get him to sell me just the case.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A friend of mine in college played a Borgani and he had that same older style case. I always thought it looked great, in fact I was always trying to get him to sell me just the case.
Yea your right,super cool looking.There very sturdy with great padding also,great bag on the side.

·
34,722 Posts
My Borg fits nicely in a Walt Johnson
Is that a Walt made for a Selmer or other? I no longer have my WJ case but I'd be surprised that it fits a Jubilee.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The "Old Style" Borgani cloth covered case, as illustrated, gives excellent protection , and will take a crook / mouthpiece in a soft bag in the bell, and even a leather strap- so far so good.
Only issue I find is that any other accessories have to be placed in the soft canvas outer zipped pocket, which is not substantial, and items can easily get crushed.

Overall, the main bonus is that these cases are strong, light, obviously fit Borgs perfectly, and are very compact, ( some people think my tenor case holds an alto!) , so why even think of a change ?

Blowhard2

·
Registered
234 Posts
The WJ fits my MKvi and my 2010 Borg Jubilee. It also fit a Conn 30m that I owned. I was surprised that it fit the Conn and Borg since they have significantly different shapes but it works perfectly for both

·
34,722 Posts
Ah, the good ol' days before restrictions on overhead baggage...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
2,323 Posts
Ah, the good ol' days before restrictions on overhead baggage...
The Curved Soprano is the ultimate travel horn...

·
34,722 Posts
The Curved Soprano is the ultimate travel horn...
Been there, done that. A soprano is not an acceptable substitute for a tenor.

Tenor - It's all that matters.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,544 Posts
My Borg did not come with an original case. I use one of the Selmer carbon fibre flight cases with the zipper. Fit's like a glove.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well just got a Bags of Spain Ecobags case for my borg.Great snug fit,huge outside bag,wheels on bottom,love it.My borg case was getting scuffed up so got this to keep it nice as the borg case looks great.Bags of spain make great cases.Padding inside is tops.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts