"second line" of what?

What language are you speaking?

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
"We"?

"second line" of what?

What language are you speaking?
I'm assuming 'they' mean a saxophone made by Antigua winds?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Confusing, yes, but in basic terms a serial number tells you when the saxophone was made if there is a record of serial numbers from the company

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,445 Posts
Jim: Welcome to SOTW. It is much easier for us to reply if you post complete, well-written sentences and questions. For instance, even if the serial number has an "A" in it, that may not translate to "alto", so a better description of the instrument can be helpful. DAVE

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you loyal SOTW followers. 'We' is first person plural and the 're is a contraction for 'we are' and 'A9067435' is an alphanumeric value engraved in the instrument in question and below that is engraved the phrase 'made in Taiwan' which I presumed was identifying the country of origin. Serialized indentifiers are commonly a code that is widely recognized by people familiar with the product so labeled and I asked only if any SOTW members were aware of the code and could - or would - share what they know. For example I am familiar with the English language and freely share knowledge of same, also somewhat familiar with sarcasm which I choose to avoid.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2016
1,521 Posts
Wow, the clarity of the OP's line of questioning is like that of mud.

Guessing as to the mindset(s) of the original poster(s), I might offer to him (them):

1. There is no standardized code regarding serial numbers in the industry as a whole.

2. There is no standardized code regarding serial numbers in any given country across different manufacturers in that country.

3. If you can define the brand the an inquiry to the company might yield the model name and number.

4. If you can define the brand and the company won't offer information then giving the brand to SOTW members, along with serial number, and photos might allow someone to tell you what you have.

5. This should probably be number 1. The best way to start here would be to put up several photos of your horn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone, I don't know if a picture would help because it looks like any other saxophone (appears to be an alto) but serial numbers often help with manufactured goods.

·
Premium Member
26,254 Posts
Jim, you'd be surprised how much experts can tell about a sax by looking at it. I'm sure we can determine model, year of manufacture (it must be pretty recent, since it's a Taiwanese sax).

I'm assuming it's an Antigua winds, since this is the antigua sub-forum. Taiwanese saxes, for the most part are made in Houli.

Here's an article that explains about how horns are built in Houli.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=19234329

·
1,521 Posts
Thanks everyone, I don't know if a picture would help because it looks like any other saxophone (appears to be an alto) but serial numbers often help with manufactured goods.
That's a little dismissive of members here, some of whom can look at a sax and recognize particular parts and often peg the model, the factory, and other pertinent details.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,745 Posts
Thank you loyal SOTW followers. 'We' is first person plural...
Should we assume that you are royalty, or do you have a small animal stuffed in your pants?

... and the 're is a contraction for 'we are' and 'A9067435' is an alphanumeric value engraved in the instrument in question and below that is engraved the phrase 'made in Taiwan' which I presumed was identifying the country of origin. Serialized indentifiers are commonly a code that is widely recognized by people familiar with the product so labeled and I asked only if any SOTW members were aware of the code and could - or would - share what they know. For example I am familiar with the English language and freely share knowledge of same, also somewhat familiar with sarcasm which I choose to avoid.
It sounds like you know more than all of us, so you may not need to stick around.

Greetings and goodbye.

·
1,521 Posts
Should we assume that you are royalty, or do you have a small animal stuffed in your pants?

It sounds like you know more than all of us, so you may not need to stick around.

Greetings and goodbye.
Seemed like such, respectful guy, humble and with a thirst for knowledge. Just hate to see him go..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Ballard Kid, you exemplify the low key, ernest good will we Seattleites are known for. I mentioned a serial number in this forum because they are (usually) critical to knowing what you are looking at and the first question that gets asked of me when I'm scrounging for parts to fix anything.

Musical instrument accessory Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Automotive lighting

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.