Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW member
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I've rediscovered good old Vicks Vaporub, works very well.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
How many times have you seen/heard about Vitamin C? I would recommend MEGA doses! Spoonnfulls! Maybe, if you're not used to it, work gradually up to spoonfulls. Start with 1/2 spoon full of powdered vit. C., work up to a full tsp. Take twice a day. Google "Linus Pauling".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,368 Posts
Indian Chai- spiced tea with ginger, cardomon and pepper, with honey.... lovely stuff, especially when you're a bit under the weather....

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
There's a supplement that one of the tall spear wie lding African tribes has used for generations. It's called Umcka and you can get the extract all sweetened and packaged at Whole Foods or other health food stores. I've used it for a few years and it kicks *** on viruses. It doesn't seem to work to well on bacteria. Colds and flus succumb to it's punch. The only side effect i've had is it will make me cough up any gunk in my chest 'till it's clear.

·
2,870 Posts
How many times have you seen/heard about Vitamin C? I would recommend MEGA doses! Spoonnfulls! Maybe, if you're not used to it, work gradually up to spoonfulls. Start with 1/2 spoon full of powdered vit. C., work up to a full tsp. Take twice a day. Google "Linus Pauling".
Vitamin C won't help.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I strongly disagree. Vit. C is very good for colds and flu. If you take it before you get a sore throat, that is better. First scratchy feeling in throat, take it. Check out Dr. Linus Pauling, for one.

·
2,874 Posts
All you have to do is google "vitamin C for colds" and you will see that there is little to no evidence that vitamin C does anything to help your cold. Various studies have been done. A lot of fluids and the Placebo effect is probably the most potent help for a cold so if you think vit. C helps, go for it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I stand corrected. The scientific evidence does refute my claim. I'm still going to take my tsp, (heaping), per day because of its' anti-oxidant capabilites, (and placebo effects). :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts