Sax on the Web Forum banner

What a Bargain

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rabbit 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Well, as far as value goes.... is money in the bank, a good investement and lots of fun which you can't always say of money invested elsewhere.

Only 400 were ever made, the last one given to the pope has been auctioned recently for charity. The car is pretty exclusive to start with and was sold only to people whom Ferrari was glad to sell the car to. Among those there were the likes of Eric Clapton and Nick Mason. Nick Mason lent his car to the the BBC program " Top Gear" where Jeremy Clarkson had the time of his life driving it......at a price! He had to endorse in a playful way the last book on Pink Floyd written by Nick Mason

See what I mean!?

#4 ·
milandro said:
Well, as far as value goes.... is money in the bank, a good investement and lots of fun which you can't always say of money invested elsewhere.

Only 400 were ever made, the last one given to the pope has been auctioned recently for charity. The car is pretty exclusive to start with and was sold only to people whom Ferrari was glad to sell the car to. Among those there were the likes of Eric Clapton and Nick Mason. Nick Mason lent his car to the the BBC program " Top Gear" where Jeremy Clarkson had the time of his life driving it......at a price! He had to endorse in a playful way the last book on Pink Floyd written by Nick Mason

See what I mean!?

#5 ·
Good tools are better left in the hands of those who (if not how to use them) at least know what their limits are (crashing a car like that into a wall and in that way.....) : That Brother can do all sorts of things but,... that brother can't drive!

#6 ·
milandro said:
Nick Mason lent his car to the the BBC program " Top Gear" where Jeremy Clarkson had the time of his life driving it......at a price! He had to endorse in a playful way the last book on Pink Floyd written by Nick Mason

See what I mean!?
Nick Mason got by far the worse of that deal, IMHO. He had to spend time with Jeremy Clarkson.;)

#7 ·
I know Jeremy is not everyone's cup of tea :twisted: . I personally don't like most of the things he stands for but, nevertheless, he is, in his own way, a nice bloke and there are very few people in the world on telly as funny as the Top Gear trio.:D ;)

#8 ·
Jbroad572 said:
I know that car was repaired. I ride my bike past the body shop in LA where it was fixed. However, another of those was totaled a while ago on PCH outside of Malibu. The person driving it walked away but the car was in tiny little pieces all over the road.

#9 ·
for the sake of discussion, Chicken 'Lil...... I seriously doubt that you can " repair" this car at a a body shop anywhere else than at Ferrari itself at their facilities in Maranello (where they would change all the changeable things) it has a body, but also a chassis, made of Carbon Fiber, now it is not so that you cand just glue the broken pieces together you have to make them from a mold or, even better have the pieces ready. So it might very well be that they assembled somewhere in LA pieces which came from Italy but it was done by the Italian technicians of Ferrari at the very least. After a crash like this you need to re-check all the things of the car in a way that requires specifical machinery just to know that the car is safe to drive. Even in L.A. ...

#10 ·
I read a write up in the newspaper about that. It could have been that very same Malibu incident you mentioned. In the article, the police contacted the Ferrari people in Italy for information about the car because it was totalled. They were told it could be rebuilt and restored to original condition. Interesting read especially when there were unconfirmed rumors of a Federal government agency also nvestigating that accident.

There is a Classic Auto dealership down the street where I live where Ferrari's sometimes can be seen in the showroom. Needless to say there is always a nice selection of automobiles in there.

#11 ·
Ferraris are sold all over the world and most models would be repaired at any of these dealers. The problem is that the F60 Enzo is made of materials you don't normally " repair" but need to replace and that putting together a car like this isn't a matter of following some instruction or a template on a book.

Only few and the most senior mechanichs of Ferrari built this car.

If you've never done it ( building a F60) there's the distinct possibility that you cannot do it and that, if you do it, the car wouldn't work the way it should or even be positively dangerous to drive.

It is an incredibly complex car with technology which equals a F1 car. Probably the only car more complicated than this on the market ( so to speak the car is not for sale....) is the Bugatti Veyron.

only to (re)assemble correctly the traction control (which the idiod must have turned off in the so called race mode which is best used only if you know what you are doing...) and all the sensors would take more specific knowledge than most Ferrari dealers around the world possess:cool: let alone a non specific dealer. Even a Ferrari dealer wouldn't have the machinere to reassemble a car like this and test it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.