Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to scream from the roof that I got a new bariton, a silverplated weltklang low-A. It will be sad to part from my former one (a Martin stencil Bb with a sound that rocks), but can't spend money on two of them.

But I don't regret the shift. It's getting used to the very different hand position (found that one on my Martin stencil better than on this one in fact), the weight and the difference in sound, but I feel now already this babe and me will become dear friends :D

Now I'm just curious how often I will use that thunder-low A in fact...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've been playing one of these (Solist Modell=better!) for nearly two years now. Great horn for the money.

Chris

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Jolle said:
Just to scream from the roof that I got a new bariton, a silverplated weltklang low-A. It will be sad to part from my former one (a Martin stencil Bb with a sound that rocks), but can't spend money on two of them.
Congratulations on your new bari sax!

I hope (and also expect, given your enthusiasm) that your Weltklang bari is better than my Weltklang soprano was ;)

·
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I found out (e.g. on saxpics.com), Weltklang bari's are made by stenciled by one of the brothers Keilwerth.

I haven't found any flaws yet, but I only played it for like two hours. It's been serviced by an Adams-technician, and they did a great job!

Regarding the use of the low A : I've been playing around and am composing some new tunes with that low A in action :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
Theres a big discussion in Germany about the Weltklang models! The have quite a huge follow here, some even prefer them over Yani's and Selmers soundwise. Generally the bari is the only Weltklang that is considered to be a good horn. There are rumors that they had better material for them and they used that better material mainly for the bari and espacially the soloists.
btw, what serial number does yours have? Has it rolled toneholes?

Chris

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,875 Posts
jolle, here a Dutch (sorry Dutch only for the others...) site with lots of information on how to improve the Weltklang iffy intonation and some ergonomics
It is an incredible site!
http://saxofoons.interactnetwork.nl/
look under de "Instrumenten " menu

·
38,875 Posts
by the way....how much for your Bariton? PM me a.u.b.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
milandro said:
by the way....how much for your Bariton? PM me a.u.b.
Ik ben eigenlijk wel benieuwd waar je hem vandaan hebt gehaald!

(De Weltklang, niet Jolle :D)

·
38,875 Posts
Ja, Ik ook.....(these damn dutchmen and women are getting a little pretentious here this last few days, they impose us their lingo now...) ;)

·
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has rolled toneholes, no clue wether it is the soloist model. (think not). serial number 23xx

Intonation is checked with the tuner. no problem there in fact. ergonomics is different, but not bad. I just have to get that octave key at the same height as the thumbrest. Now it's sticking out a bit, which causes some "unintenional attempts to altissimo" when I'm not careful. :D

more info on the other bariton is to be found here :
http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=68202

·
38,875 Posts
Okee Jolle :) I've read (and listened to the good dark ska) about your bari.
I am afraid I have to pass this one! Maybe Dan will come with the right offer some time soon. Best of luck! (have you read about the Weltklang in the link I gave you)

·
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to be exact, it was dub with my other band, Pura Vida.
I should add that the recording was done with a BergLarsen stainless steel. Does something with the sound (and intonation) too... :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
lol, it seems like a great bari week in belgium.
I just bought my selmer SA80II bari and a friend of mine his yamaha YBS-62E and now you... lol
enjoy yourself!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts