Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,622 Posts
Thanks Steve, Im officially exhausted. Im more than willing to offer free mouthpieces or mouthpiece work for qualified individuals wanting to help me renovate my kitchen. Its currently gutted and we cook on a hotplate and an oven wired to the wall sitting on the oven.

Ive found one thing about France. In France EVERYTHING is extremely heavy and overbuilt.

...So comeon over and bring your tools!

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,619 Posts
I did a kitchen and bathroom in 2001-2. We cooked on a propane camp stove and a microwave for just over a year. I built a wooden frame to set the kitchen sink in with extra long supply lines. Like you I stripped everything down to the bare studs.

We had a Thanksgiving dinner to remember. That year we had to buy a ready made dinner from the local upscale supermarket.

I worked on it nights and weekends while working the whole time as a surveyor in the field. There’s nothing like working 8 hours in the hot sun staking out construction projects then coming home and working another two or three hours.

Then ten years later we tore it all out plus some and did a complete rebuild of 80% of the house. New everything excepting the living room and dining room.

I’d love to come over and see your project but it’s pretty far from my neighborhood. 😎 Good luck with it.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,770 Posts
Good luck with the kitchen renovation Phil! You'll be really happy when it's all done. I did that about 20 years ago with the help of a friend, and my wife as the designer and boss. I simply supplied the heavy labor. We gutted it; new floors, stove, sink, and granite countertops. The works. We used a Coleman stove during the rebuild. Took several weeks or so and well worth it.

Congrats on being a "new" vender on SOTW. I always assumed you were a vender here for years; I guess this is some sort of official designation.** Hope it results in lots of sales of your top-quality mpcs.

**p.s. Just realized it means you have your own sub forum. Well done!

·
Premium Member
Selmer MK VI, Selmer SA80 II Silver-plate Alto, Selmer SA80 II Silver-Plated Tenor, Yani Soprano SC
86 Posts
Welcome Phil's team
Glad you a semented lead when it come to one of the most important aspects of playing that sound we all crave for.

Look forward to a lot of teaching on HOW different design can different sound concepts.
You ideas on stable supply on reads too.

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts