Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a new mouthpiece and I want to try out some before actually getting one. The problem is that I don't know of any stores nearby that have a bunch of mouthpieces in stock. Are there any websites where you can order the mouthpieces you want to try out and send back the ones you don't like without a huge fee?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,202 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a new mouthpiece and I want to try out some before actually getting one. The problem is that I don't know of any stores nearby that have a bunch of mouthpieces in stock. Are there any websites where you can order the mouthpieces you want to try out and send back the ones you don't like without a huge fee?
I've done that with Woodwind Brasswind (WWBW) quite a bit. There is a cleaning fee and return shipping. Some people say they are incompetent but I've never had any trouble. Some of the Boutique more expensive mouthpiece places let you return as well but you can't try a whole bunch or anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your advice. I think I will order from Woodwind and Brasswind. Their fees seem really reasonable.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Weiner music does this too, plus I think they're less "abused" for this purpose. What I mean is that less people go to Weiner to sample and return stuff, so you're more likely to get good mouthpieces, not the remains, so to speak. I attached their return policy as an image below.

I have never bought a mouthpiece from WWBW and kept it.

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Magenta

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
870 Posts
I've used Weiner with good results, also never had a problem with WWBW.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts