Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of days when I click my link to the SOTW forum I get bounced on to the Sax Webring. I can't see a way to get back to the forum from the webring.
I've given up with webrings on my own sites. They groups aren't managed properly and the information isn't easy. I couldn't log on with an old email account I had being registered to the Webring. When I couldn't change the information my site index page kept getting bounced to the webring page. The only thing I could do to fix things was to ditch the webring code from my index page.

Is anyone else having this problem - no-one seesm to have mentioned it?

Is there any point keeping the webring code???

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
For the last couple of days when I click my link to the SOTW forum I get bounced on to the Sax Webring. I can't see a way to get back to the forum from the webring.
I've given up with webrings on my own sites. They groups aren't managed properly and the information isn't easy. I couldn't log on with an old email account I had being registered to the Webring. When I couldn't change the information my site index page kept getting bounced to the webring page. The only thing I could do to fix things was to ditch the webring code from my index page.

Is anyone else having this problem - no-one seesm to have mentioned it?

Is there any point keeping the webring code???
I see it occasionally. Annoying when it happens, but down the list a ways in terms of frequency of annoyance.

·
Premium Member
11,596 Posts
I haven't heard from webrings since I think 1998. I'm surprised that they still exist.

·
8,588 Posts
I haven't heard from webrings since I think 1998. I'm surprised that they still exist.
This forum is a member of one -- or at least the software thinks so. Once in awhile I find myself out in a sax related one after running the basic URL (saxontheweb.net).

That said, it's rare. Rather get the timeout (now long lag) problem fixed, which is far more frequent.

·
Forum Founder
3,878 Posts

·
8,588 Posts
I only got it going to the front page, not the forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts