Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me find this piece. It was written for Bb Clarinet and Saxophone. PM me if you can help .

Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,221 Posts
Where have you already looked?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Do you mean the "Concertino for Clarinet" by Carl maria von Weber? This was written before the introduction of the saxophone and the the low end range is well below the range of the Sax. The Bonade-Hite revision for Clarinet and Piano is published by Southern Music in San Antonio, TX and it and other versions should be available from most Music literature sellers. It's almost a requirement for most college Clarinet students.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,221 Posts
I have a copy w/ accomp CD of 'Concertino for Clarinet'. I do not however 'share' music that I have had to purchase unless you are one of my private students.
I believe I got this one from JW Pepper.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Can someone help me find this piece. It was written for Bb Clarinet and Saxophone. PM me if you can help .

Thanks
There is a concert band arrangement of Weber's Conertino for clarinet and I've seen a transcription for alto Sax. The saxophone transcription is a bit awkward because the range of the saxophone can't really cover the clarinet part. It sounds good for clarinet and band. The orchestra transcription for band is well arranged and the clarinet part is just like the orchestra version. I played the clarinet solo in high school. I never heard the sax version.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Thanks
i think I have the saxophone part. It was with the concert band arrangement for clarinet. I'll see if I can find it. It has to be the aforementioned Concertino because I can't imagine either one of the clarinet concertos being played on saxophone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts