Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
Cool. Lew's coming this fall to Beantown Jazz.

Some bitter comments on youtube though (I suppose that is what I should expect).

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love how Wayne puts a fresh spin on familiar changes. This is the kind of thing Lew Tabackin could work some wonders with too and Scott sounds just great.

·
Forum Contributor 2008/Distinguished SOTW Member
3,295 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's a Selmer it's just that you can't make out the S as there's no background color to it.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Swampcabbage said:
Some bitter comments on youtube though (I suppose that is what I should expect).
Hmm. "Bebop nazi" (one of the youtube comments). That's a new one on me. Occasionally one forgets how (relatively) civilised it tends to be here! Great clip. Thank you.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,998 Posts
Swampcabbage said:
I'm pretty sure that's a Selmer it's just that you can't make out the S as there's no background color to it.
Anyone know the vintage of that clip? Wayne was playing a silverplated Serie III at least for a while.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,284 Posts
I thought it was Wayne's gold plated Selmer Mark VI which he played in the late 80's. Cool find, but nothing I'd want to watch twice.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yeah, I was going to guess a gold-plated Mark VI. I actually really liked Wayne's solo (contrary to some of the "chinese music" comments on YouTube) - and his tone at the end is *gorgeous.*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts