1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,837 Posts
believe it or not, the man has millions of fans whom buy his records and , I suppose, even these kitsch (but they might think that it is very tasteful .......[rolleyes] ) paraphernalia. If it wouldn't sell, nobody would offer it........

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
I'm gonna go for it. Do we smell a bidding war? lol

·
2,853 Posts
Selling your name and image for uncontrollable use on all kinds garbage is sometimes the only way to pay for the upkeep on the mansion. Especially when you know your day has come and gone.

Even as the watch collector that I am, I pass on that auction.

·
5,444 Posts
"One man's junk, is another man's treasure!" - creed of the die-hard yard sale/flea shop shopper

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
I just noticed it's a unisex watch... figures.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,907 Posts
Looks like a hoax actually. The Gorelick image seems photoshopped onto the face of the watch, doesn't it?
I don't think it's a hoax, but there's avery good chance it's not official merchandise. This kind of thing can happen to anyone who is successful or famous.

·
6,715 Posts
I don't think it's a hoax, but there's avery good chance it's not official merchandise. This kind of thing can happen to anyone who is successful or famous.
Absolutely correct.
Personally, I also do not like (or perhaps appreciate!) his music, but the fact remains that many do & he is commercially successful. He has achieved his object.
Do I detect a hint of snobbery here.....surely not!
Always remember that Earl Bostic was correctly regarded as a superb player....until he happened to be commercially successful with Flamingo in 1951, when all the far less competent music snobs turned on him, accusing him of "selling out"....just because, at last, he could pay his mortgage & send his children to a decent school.

·
6,715 Posts
I've got one of his alarm clocks. Keeps good time, but when the alarm goes off it lasts for 45 minutes...and sends you back to sleep....

Regards,
Most apt and amusing........ well thought out Stephen. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Come on, isn't any one going to bid on this wonderful item?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts